Sunday 10 June 2012

A Dress for Floppy!

I have been confusing the life out of myself with the whole D1, D2 and D3 thing for a while now, so it's time for a change...  From now on I will use their nick names Monster, Floppy and The Boy (He is too young to have a nick name that has *Stuck* yet).

The BigD (The girls call him The Big Dragon, so that, in case you have ever wondered,  is where The BigD comes from) works shifts and I am at my most productive when he is on a late shift, or a 12hr night shift!  Tonight has been one of those productive nights.  You may remember a few months back now, seems like such a distant memory now but we had a lovely early warm spell and I was inspired to make Floppy a dress.  I never quite got round to finishing it and once the hot weather was replaced by copious amounts of rain I had no incentive to do so either.

Tonight I finished it, although please don't look too closely at the zip.  I think I need to get a lesson in sewing zips from my wonderful friend at Gandyfloss Creations.  Go check out her facebook page too.

What do you think?

The floral bit used to be a pillow case


















I can't wait for a hot day so she can wear it.  Actually, sod it, I think she can wear it tomorrow, rain or shine!

1 comment:

  1. Its STUNNING!!!!!!!! Well done you! I wish I could sew ... xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, please take a moment to say hi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...