Thursday 14 June 2012

Rocky Road/Chocolate Tiffin Recipe

Do not go shopping when hungry!

Thursday is shopping day in the Mayhem household and wondering around good old Tesco at lunch time, having forgotten breakfast, was a seriously BAD idea!

Walking down the crisp isle to stock up on lunch box staples I heard a little voice calling to me from the chocolate section.  There, lo and behold, was a pretty large bar of dairy milk with a nice promotional yellow sticker on the shelf edge.  All of a sudden I just had to make some rocky road, it would be criminal not to with the chocolate at that price...


Here's my recipe.  It is seriously yummy and super quick and easy.

Ingredients:


  • 200g Chocolate
  • half(ish) a bag of marshmallows
  • half a pack of digestive biscuits (The super cheap value ones work just fine)
  • 120g Butter - Melted and allowed to cool slightly
  • 2-3 heaped tablespoons crunchy peanut butter

Method:

  1. Break up chocolate and melt in a bowl over a pan of boiling water
  2. Put biscuits in a carier bag and loosly break up by bashing with a rolling pin a few times
  3. Chop up marshmallows into smallish pieces
  4. Once chocolate has melted gently stir in peanut butter and melted butter until blended
  5. fold in crushed buscuits and marshmallows
  6. Poor into a 7" square tin
  7. Chill
  8. Slice and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm I have made this lots of times but never used peanut butter but I like the idea of it...... it looks delicious! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely beautiful! I love a good rocky road and this post has made me hanker for some right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, please take a moment to say hi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...