I must say is was surprisingly quick and easy to make and made loads:
- 1 bar of soap (grated)
- 1 cup washing soda (Soda crystals)
- 2 litres water
- A few drops of essential oil.
- Bring water to the boil.
- Dissolve remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a bucket and make the mixture up to 5 litres - (On the Frugaldom website they suggested making it up to 7litres - so I went for 6)
- Leave to cool.
Instructions for use:
- Add a ladle sized quantity (aprox 150ml) to a laundry ball and place in washing machine.
- Wash as normal.
My usual detergent 18.5p/wash
Home Made detergent 1.4p/wash
I do a load EVERY day so that is a saving of £62 per year!!
D1 does have eczema so I usually only use Persil non bio. I will update this post at a later date and let you know if it had any adverse affects on her skin.